First impressions are everything in this business, and there’s no exceptions when it comes to the exterior of your home…. Does your home have “curb appeal”? Here are a few simple things you can do to catch the eye of the perfect buyer.
– Your front door is the focal point. Make sure it stands out, a blast of colour, a custom wood door, stunning stained glass…. Make sure it’s clean from any dirt or scuffs.
– Replace old house numbers with new ones. You may just have to take them down and spray paint them.
– Upgrade to a newer mailbox or give the old one a good cleaning or coat of paint.
– Change out old or rickety door knobs. Silver or nickel is more popular than gold hardware.
– Landscape lighting can add allot of curb appeal all while providing safety and security.
– Hanging baskets and container gardens are an inviting touch. You can make them yourself or buy them assembled at your nearest garden centre.
– Make sure fences are clean from dirt. Paint should not be peeling or faded.
– Gutters and downspouts should be cleaned out.
– Lawn should be freshly mowed. A little extra grass seed can help fill in sparse spots.
– Add a little mulch to your garden bed, Deb claims it will change your life 🙂
Now all you have to do is make sure the inside of your home is sparkling just as bright!