Rare bungalow with views of the Ottawa River on quiet and pristine Radisson Way in Hiawatha Park. Located within steps of the Ottawa River and NCC bike paths, this lifestyle property offers town and country living only a short commute from downtown Ottawa. This home, originally built in 1981, was completely restored and expanded on in 2004 by it’s current owners in to allow for multiple legal fireproofed dwellings. The original house offers a bright living room with river views and access to the wraparound porch, as well as a dining room, kitchen, 4-piece bath, and a loft-style master bedroom and walk-in closet or guest room on the second level. The secondary dwelling features a private entrance, laundry, open concept kitchen/living room, and a large bedroom with a walk-in closet offering cheater access to the 3-piece bath. The basement offers a gym, 3-piece bath, hair studio or craft room, and a large finished recreation room, perfect for a home theatre or guest suite. Kayak to work!
Click HERE and take a virtual tour
- Beautiful and artistic curb appeal
- Huge 70 feet wide frontage
- Prime area in Orleans
- A rare multifunctional home in Ottawa in a beautiful community driven neighborhood
- This charming and luxurious home can suit a multi-generational family or snowbirds wanting to supplement income with high-end luxury ground level 800 sq ft apartment.
- Rare high and dry home with views of the Ottawa River – outside Conservation Authority regulated area.
- Character, Charm and Luxury by the Ottawa River! Live work and play by the river! Enjoy living in a country setting while enjoying the city amenities in Orleans’ sought-after Hiawatha Park by the Ottawa River
- Spacious and lush artistic Zen gardens designed to offer privacy from neighbours
- Immaculate and well maintained
- High end and quality custom built multi-generational (or income) dual dwelling with 3 private entrances or a family can just enjoy living in a 1600 sq ft bungalow with multiple functional spaces
- 3 private entrances ideal for a family with an in-law and/or a home-based businesses
- This house offers many possibilities to suit your lifestyle or business ventures:
- City of Ottawa R1W zoning allows for a bed and breakfast or 3 rooms for rent – up to 3 bedrooms – must have parking for each guest/tenant (driveway can accommodate 6 cars plus 1 in the garage).
- City of Ottawa zoned to run a home-based business. Resident business owner can have 1 non-resident employee. Home currently set up with a spacious private hair studio – can be kept as is for professional purposes or easily converted to other business or personal use.
- Rare 70′ frontage
- Located among million dollar homes and overlooking the Ottawa River
- Enjoy river and garden views from inside both residences and from a variety of raised decks surrounding the house.
- Outdoor enthusiasts’ dream location: home is on the picturesque bike/walk trail along the Ottawa River, a short walk to launch your kayak or canoe on the Ottawa River, or cross-country skiing at your door step.
- Easy picturesque commute by car or bicycle to private schools and university along the scenic Ottawa River parkway by car or bicycle to private schools and university
- Close access to the highway. 15 minutes to downtown Ottawa. Close to transit (and future LRT), schools, shops, amenities, restaurants in Orleans.
- 2 kitchens on the main floor
- 1 master bedroom with cheater ensuite on main floor – ideal for an elderly
- No carpets (Hardwood, porcelain tiles, cork, luxury vinyl, etc.).
- Granite galore in both ground floor kitchens and bathroom.
- Lush private backyard with lovely trees and perennial Zen gardens throughout property.
- Enjoy living by the river in this charming, quirky, luxurious and multifunctional home located on a prime lot with river views on the bicycle path beside the NCC parklands and trails.
- Surrounded by perennial gardens, lounge on your verandas while watching the boats and bicycles go by or relax in your private lush backyard.
- Outdoor enthusiasts’ dream location: home is on the bike trail along the Ottawa River, access to launch your kayak or canoe on the Ottawa River, groomed cross-country skiing and roller blading at your door step
- Investment guarantee: located adjacent to multi-million dollar homes and overlooking the Ottawa River
- Enjoy river and garden views from inside both residences and from a variety of raised decks surrounding the house
- privacy and natural light living
- Stylish metal roof with 55-year transferable warranty (2016).
- Original dwelling (1981 or 1982? per MPAC) recently extensively and professionally upgraded & doubled in size (2004) to allow for a second legal and fireproofed self-contained one bedroom unit with laundry and decks.
- Detached garage for healthier living and to allow all occupants to benefit from natural lighting and to enjoy views of the perennial gardens as well as the Ottawa River.
- Window film on all windows in secondary dwelling (2004)
- Upscale neighborhood, well above the flood plain.
- 2 families can maintain privacy, yet still have the convenience of being right next door without ever having to go outside to see each other if they wish.
- 3 plus 1 bedroom with possibility of making 2 extra bedrooms in lower level. Existing bedroom in lower level currently used as a back wash station for hair studio.
- 2 laundry hook ups (main level of secondary residence and lower level of primary residence).
- Huge lot size for the City (70.91 F x 101.6 F).
- Electric radiant floor heating in the foyer, kitchen, dining room and bathroom of primary residence.
- Variety of flooring materials (no carpets): walnut & maple hardwood, porcelain & ceramic tiles, luxury vinyl, cork, etc.
- Each dwelling has its own furnace (2018 and 2014), ACs (2000? and 2004) and owned water heaters (2006 and 2004) for maximum comfort of everyone.
- Large interlock driveway can accommodate 6 vehicles plus 1 in oversized single car garage.
- Crown mouldings on main floor
- Pot lights on main floor
- ceiling speakers in foyer
- Irrigation system (in-ground sprinklers).
- Modern gas fireplace with rock insert in primary residence
- Art studio professional lighting to display your art collection in lower level
- Built-in custom granite top desk in primary residence kitchen and built-in desk in secondary dwelling.
- 2 separate tiled staircases to lower level in primary residence.
- 3 private entrances ideal for 2 residences and home-based businesses.
- Part of lower level of primary dwelling currently set-up for a home business – ideal for hairstylist, massage therapist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, etc.
- Lower level has a hair-washing station (backwash) and a workstation with a stainless steel sink.
- Raised vegetable garden bed designed with landscaping stones.
- Easy access to 174. Close to schools, community centres and stores
- Detached garage and custom-built brick shed matching house metal roof
- New maple wood stairway leading to bonus 2 bedrooms with 1 inch thickness original pine floors
- Thomasville raised panels solid cherry wood cabinets with glaze finish and granite countertops in primary residence kitchen and dining room.
- Thomasville raised panels solid maple wood cabinets with glaze finish and granite countertops in primary and secondary residence bathrooms.
- Maple wood raised panels with antique glaze finish with granite countertops in secondary residence kitchen.
- Secondary ground level residence is a self-contained 800 sq ft 1 bedroom unit with laundry and decks without access to lower level for primary residence privacy. Can serve as income property or in-law private suite.
- Foundation waterproofing of original primary dwelling, including new drain tile and replacing of fill with sand (2000)
- Build up the roof on original dwelling adding additional insulation to prevent ice damming at eaves (2010?)
- Added various cedar decks to enhance exterior and enhance curb appeal (2010 and 2004).
- Renovated basement bathroom to include large walk-in-tiled shower with epoxy grout, maple cabinetry and vanity.
- Bonus backwash and stainless steel utility sink in lower level
- Installed insulated cork flooring in main area of salon (2010).
- Covered garage with quality stylish vinyl siding
- Replaced garage steel side door (2016) and car entry door (2012?)
- Created raised vegetable garden behind the garage.
- Doubled the house size by adding an 800 sq ft unit attached to existing house and extra space in the basement. (2004). Basement area below was added as part of original house basement.
- The main floor secondary dwelling has its own furnace, a/c and water heater. All owned equipment.
- Created covered area over front entrance and deck (2010?)
- Installed irrigation system (2004)
- Refinished all house brick with Behr elastomeric paint with limited lifetime guarantee.
- Installed metal roof on entire house, garage and shed (2016). 55 year transferable warranty on house metal roof.
- Mail delivery at door
- Approximate total utilities per year for two dwellings – includes home-based hair studio:
heat (Enbridge gas):$1 160/year
electricity (Hydro Ottawa): $2 250/year
water, sewer (City of Ottawa): $1 100/year
- Property taxes (2018) (City of Ottawa): $4637.94/year
- Fire protection between secondary and primary dwelling: Since the new unit was to be considered a separate residence from the basement which is considered part of the original house, Ottawa building code required fire protection. These steps included:
- Double layer of ceiling drywall in the basement under the new unit.
- Smoke detectors linked between basement and upper unit.
- Steel door between upper unit and original house.
- Heat triggered vent flaps between the upper unit and its furnace to automatically close in case of fire in either the basement or upper unit.
|House Style||1 1/2 storey|
|Basement||Full / Fully Finished|
|Garage||1 Garage Detached, Interlock|
|Outdoor Space||Landscaped, Patio, Private, Riverview,Family Oriented|
|Flooring||Hardwood, Tile, laminate|
|Heating||Forced Air / Natural Gas|
|Water||Municipal / Sewer Connected|
|Neighbourhood amenities||Public Transit Nearby, Recreation Nearby, Shopping Nearby, Water Nearby|
|Property Inclusions||Built/In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Dryer, Microwave, Stove, Washer, 2 Fridges Feat/Equip Incl: Drapery Tracks, Drapes, Hot Water Tank, Window Blinds, Deck, Exercise Room,|
|Property Exclusions||Wall-mounted TV|